Rudrabhisek Yagya is a tradition of worshipping Lord Shiva in his Rudra avatar, in which a Shivalinga is bathed with water and other supplies, which are continuously poured above it, along with chanting of Vedic mantra called the Rudra Suktha. This Yagya has been respected by all Vedic scriptures as one of the supreme Pujas.
This Yagya, if done with authentic Rudrabhisek Puja Vidhi, becomes glorifying rite of the deity in which materials like coconut water, Ghee (clarified butter), Cow’s milk, curds (Yogurt), rice honey, sugar cane juice, finely ground sugar, water and similar stuff, which are thought to be dearer to Shiva are regurgitated on the Shiva Linga.
The Rudrabhisek Vidhi starts with the Ganesh Laxmi pooja in the morning. Throughout the day, the Abhishek of Shivlingas is done with various materials as mentioned above. Later the Bhavya Shringaar of Shivlinga is done with the Bilva Patra and Lotus flowers. At the end of Yagya 108 Divya Aartis is accomplished. This Yagya gives a magnificent result to give wealth, fulfillment, and taking away of negativities, purify the bad karma & give the shield in life. The whole Yagya process is accomplished by Sadhakas distributing prasadam.
Shiv Rudrabhisek Yagya is particularly performed for the sake of washing away ones immorality and suffering, for bringing harmony, wealth and pleasure, along with family togetherness. Shiv Rudrabhisek Puja defends devotees from awful forces & probable dangers.
- To diminish the harmful effect of aggrieved moon.
- To reduce the negative effect of Punarvasu, Pushya, Ashlesha Nakshatras and make it strong and helpful.
- For bringing harmony and prosperity.
- For taking away of negativities, purifying the bad karma & giving the safeguards in life.
- For defending devotees from dreadful forces & likely dangers
- For having a well-built mind and good power.